Kailun Yang 杨恺伦
Google Scholor Profile, DBLP, Research Gate, Baidu Scholor Profile, Facebook, Instagram
Room 304, Third Teaching Buidling, Yuquan Campus,
Zhejiang University, No. 38 of Zheda Road,
Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China.
E-Mail: elnino9ykl(at)sina.com, elnino(at)zju.edu.cn, kailun.yang(at)krvision.cn
Since 2014, I am a Ph.D. student in College of Optical Science and Engineering at Zhejiang University with the major in Instrument and Meter Engineering. I received the B.S. degree in Measurement Technology and Instrumentation from Beijing Institute of Technology and the dual degree in Economics from Peking University.
Currently I'm a joint training Ph.D. student in Wangkaiwei Team advised by Prof. Kaiwei Wang and Prof. Jian Bai at Zhejiang University, and RobeSafe Research Group at University of Alcalá advised by Prof. Luis Miguel Bergasa.
I am the Co-founder and Chief Technology Officier at Hangzhou KR-VISION Technology Co., Ltd, a company targets at developing assistive technology for the visually impaired. I am also the Co-founder and Chief Technology Officier at Hangzhou SUR-IMAGE Techonology Co., Ltd, a startup with the aim to develop multi-modal stereo vision sensor for upper-level applications.
I am interested in real-time computer vision with the goal of developing assistive technologies for autonomous driving, service robotics and wearable systems to aid real-world navigation in vulnerable road users and visually impaired pedestrians.
My main research over the past few years has been on stereo vision, polarization imaging, sensor fusion, traversability awareness, obstacle avoidance and semantic segmentation.
Broadly I am interested in computer vision, 3D vision, machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Yang K, Wang K, Bergasa LM, Romera E, Hu W, Sun D, Sun J, Cheng R, Chen T, López E. Unifying Terrain Awareness for the Visually Impaired through Real-Time Semantic Segmentation. Sensors. 2018 Apr 18; 18(5):1506. Belongs to the Special Issue Wearable Smart Devices. [PDF]
- Yang K, Cheng R, Bergasa LM, Romera E, Wang K, Long N. Intersection perception through real-time semantic segmentation to assist navigation of visually impaired pedestrians. Submitted to IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC2018), Hawii (USA), November 2018.
- Wang J, Yang K, Hu W, Wang K. An environmental perception and navigaiton assistance system for visually impaired persons based on semantic stixels and sound interaction. Submitted to IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC2018), Miyazaki (Japan), October 2018.
- Yang K, Bergasa LM, Romera E, Wang J, Wang K, López Elena. Perception framework of water hazards beyond traversability for real-world navigation assistance systems. Submitted to IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2018), Madrid (Spain), October 2018.
- Yang K, Bergasa LM, Romera E, Sun D, Wang K, Barea R. Semantic perception of curbs beyond traversability for real-world navigation assistance systems. Submitted to IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety (ICVES2018), Madrid (Spain), September 2018.
- Long N, Wang K, Cheng R, Yang K, Bai J. Millimeter wave Radar and RGB-Depth sensors for the visually impaired. Submitted to SPIE Security + Defence Symposium, Berlin (Germany), September 2018.
- Cheng R, Wang L, Lin L, Yang K. Visual Localization of Key Positions for Visually Impaired People. Accepted by International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2018), Beijing (China), August 2018.
- Lin S, Wang K, Yang K, Cheng R. KrNet: Kinetic Real-time Convolutional Neural Network for Navigational Assistance. Accepted by International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP2018), Linz (Austria), July 2018.
- Yang K, Bergasa LM, Romera E, Cheng R, Chen T, Wang K. Unifying terrain awareness through real-time semantic segmentation. Accepted by IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV2018), Suzhou (China), June 2018.
- Yang K, Wang K, Lin S, Bai J, Bergasa, LM, Arroyo, R. Long-range Traversability Awareness and Low-lying Obstacle Negotiation with RealSense for the Visually Impaired. In 2nd International Conference on Frontiers of Image Processing (ICFIP2018), Barcelona (Spain), March 2018. Best Paper Awared. [PDF]
- Chen H, Wang K, Yang K. Improving RealSense by Fusing Color Stereo Vision and Infrared Stereo Vision for the Visually Impaired. In 2nd International Conference on Frontiers of Image Processing (ICFIP2018), Barcelona (Spain), March 2018.
- Yang K, Wang K, Chen H, Bai J. Reducing the minimum range of a RGB-depth sensor to aid navigation in visually impaired individuals. Applied Optics. 2018 Apr 10;57(11):2809-19. Highlighted as an Editor's Pick.
- Yang K, Wang K, Cheng R, Hu W, Huang X, Bai J. Detecting traversable area and water hazards for the visually impaired with a pRGB-D sensor. Sensors. 2017 Aug 17;17(8):1890. [PDF]
- Cheng R, Wang K, Yang K, Long N, Hu W, Chen H, Bai J, Liu D. Crosswalk navigation for people with visual impairments on a wearable device. Journal of Electronic Imaging. 2017 Oct;26(5):053025.
- Cheng R, Wang K, Yang K, Long N, Bai J, Liu D. Real-time pedestrian crossing lights detection algorithm for the visually impaired. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 2017:1-21.
- Yang K, Wang K, Zhao X, Cheng R, Bai J, Yang Y, Liu D. IR stereo RealSense: Decreasing minimum range of navigational assistance for visually impaired individuals. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments. 2017 Jan 1;9(6):743-55.
- Huang X, Bai J, Wang K, Liu Q, Luo Y, Yang K, Zhang X. Target enhanced 3D reconstruction based on polarization-coded structured light. Optics Express. 2017 Jan 23;25(2):1173-84. [PDF]
- Zhao X, Wang K, Yang K, Hu W. Unconstrained face detection and recognition based on RGB-D camera for the visually impaired. In 8th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing (ICGIP2016), Tokyo (Japan), Aug 2016.
- Yang K, Wang K, Hu W, Bai J. Expanding the detection of traversable area with RealSense for the visually impaired. Sensors. 2016 Nov 21;16(11):1954. [PDF]
- Yang K, Wang K, Cheng R, Zhu X. A new approach of point cloud processing and scene segmentation for guiding the visually impaired. In Iet International Conference on Biomedical Image and Signal Processing (ICBISP2015), Beijing (China), Nov 2015. [PDF]
- Cheng R, Wang K, Yang K, Zhao X. A ground and obstacle detection algorithm for the visually impaired. In Iet International Conference on Biomedical Image and Signal Processing (ICBISP2015), Beijing (China), Nov 2015.